Justice League: A Better World
The Mystical Arts
Magic is everywhere and nowhere to be seen. is a part of the world of Earth-50 as is air and water and light and darkness. There are many magic powered characters (heroes and villains), magic artifacts and magic sites. Manual #255 Magic has a good set of rules, character, locations and a detail look at magic in the DC Universe. The users of magic are born, see Supernatural Community.
As described on the Magic Sourcebook, Magical Advantages and Drawbacks .
There are different types of Mystical Gadgets, some give the wearer powers, others add to their own power capacity.
About Mystical Gadgets
DC HEROES RPG p.118
Sample Mystical Gadgets:
- Asmodel’s Flaming Staff
- Amulet of Anubis
- Cloak of Destiny
- Crystal Ball [BODY: 3, Occultist (Premonition): 4 (Used to enhance the user’s skill), Remote Sensing: equal to User’s AURA (Mystic Link), R#5] On a failed reliability roll, the ball produces a false reading
- Helm of Fate
- Isis Amulet
- Philosophers Stone
- Purple Healing Ray
- Sargon the Sorcerer’s Ruby of Life
- Staff of Arion
- Wonder Woman Equipment
- Felix Fausts Occult Library
- Doctor Mist’s Stone of Life [Body:8, Sorcery:8]
- Spear of Destiny
- Axe of Clan McDougal [BODY: 16, SPIRIT: 9, EV: 5] Bonus: The Axe’s EV is considered mystical in nature.
Some places are stronger in magical enemies while others drain magical energies. The mana factor represents a bonus of penalty on the Sorcery power of all the magicians in the area.
Area (Mana Factor)
- ( + 4APs) Land of Faeire; The Magic Lands
- ( + 3APs) Realm of the Just Dead; The Afterworlds
- ( + 2APs) Important ley line nexus ( Stonehenge, The Great Pyramid, Parliament of Trees, Wintersgate Manor ); Nanda Parbat, Tower of Fate
- ( + 1APs) Structure lying on a ley line (Arkham Asylum, The Tower of London ), Themyscira, Atlantis, House of Mystery, Oblivion Bar
- ( – 2APs) Star Laboratories main facility, Cadmus Project, Fortress of Solitude
- ( – 3APs) Cyberspace
- ( – 4APs) Lands of Logic; Realms of Reason
N No information gained.
1 RAP A rudimentary understanding of the Artifact.
½ RAP A near-total understanding of the Artifact and the ability to control all of its functions without penalty.
Full RV A complete understanding of the Artifact, including any Limitations or Drawbacks, as well as the ability to modify or repair it, if necessary. .