Justice League: A Better World
The Mystical Arts
Magic is everywhere and nowhere to be seen. is a part of the world of Earth-50 as is air and water and light and darkness. There are many magic powered characters (heroes and villains), magic artifacts and magic sites. Manual #255 Magic has a good set of rules, character, locations and a detail look at magic in the DC Universe.
There are different types of Mystical Gadgets, some give the wearer powers, others add to their own power capacity.
About Mystical Gadgets
DC HEROES RPG p.118
Sample Mystical Gadgets:
- Asmodel’s Flaming Staff
- Amulet of Anubis
- Cloak of Destiny
- Crystal Ball [BODY: 3, Occultist (Premonition): 4 (Used to enhance the user’s skill), Remote Sensing: equal to User’s AURA (Mystic Link), R#5] On a failed reliability roll, the ball produces a false reading
- Helm of Fate
- Isis Amulet
- Philosophers Stone
- Purple Healing Ray
- Ruby of Life
- Staff of Arion
- Wonder Woman Equipment
- Felix Faust’s Spell Books [Body:11] The spell books increase the APs of Sorcery by 2APs.
- Doctor Mist’s Stone of Life [Body:8, Sorcery:8]
- Spear of Destiny
- Axe of Clan McDougal [BODY: 16, SPIRIT: 9, EV: 5] Bonus: The Axe’s EV is considered mystical in nature.
Some places are stronger in magical enemies while others drain magical energies. The mana factor represents a bonus of penalty on the Sorcery power of all the magicians in the area.
Area (Mana Factor)
- Land of Faeire; The Magic lands ( + 4)
- Realm of the Just Dead; The Afterworlds ( + 3)
- Important ley line nexus (Stonehenge, the Great Pyramid, Parliament of Trees, Witernsgate manor); Nanda Parbat ( + 2)
- Structure lying on a ley line (Arkham Asylum, the Tower of London) ( + 1) , Themyscira, Atlantis.
- Star Laboratories main facility, Cadmus Project, Fortress of Solitude ( – 2)
- Cyberspace ( – 3)
- Lands of Logic; Realms of Reason ( – 4)
N No information gained.
1 RAP A rudimentary understanding of the Artifact.
½ RAP A near-total understanding of the Artifact and the ability to control all of its functions without penalty.
Full RV A complete understanding of the Artifact, including any Limitations or Drawbacks, as well as the ability to modify or repair it, if necessary. .