The Triumvirate of War
The Triumvirate of War Part 8 (Final Part)
Award Hero Points: 175
(Note: A cost of 90HP per player used to activate the mutlple gadgets used is already factored in.)
Level of Opposition: Overwhelming
Area of Consequence: Worldwide
Adventure Date & Duration: One day, ending in January 27 of 2010.
Standard Awards Categories:
A. Participation: 100%
B. Role-Playing: 100%
C. Saving Innocent Bystanders: 100%
D. Thwarting the Villain: 100%
E. Subplots: 100%
F. Miscellaneous: 100%
The Triumvirate of War arrive to Earth in the impressive New Warworld and start their attack to destroy the adopted homeworld of their hated enemy Superman. The Justice Lords use their resources to stop the menace.
1. (Long Shot) – Robot Fleet – Alarms sound around the active installations that are waiting for New Warworld to arrive to the Moon-Earth System. There are multiple objects that have suddenly arrived to the area and are moving toward Earth and the Moon. They are detected as asteroids but have an unusual propulsion and trajectory. “They move to fast to be some natural phenomena. They must have push the asteroids out of Saturn’s belts with a tractor beam or installed propulsion systems in them. This is some kind of coordinated attack.” Batman uses all available sensors and Superman uses his Telescopic Vision and X-Ray vision. “They are not asteroids, they are Brainiac’s rocket-robot with some kind of camouflage.”
Mongul calls and asks for Superman. “They want to know were Superman is to attack that place first.” Oracle confuses him answering his call like a call center, and keeping him occupied while the rest of the teams move into action. Superman waits from the Watchtower that Green Arrow commands at that moment.
2. (Long Shot) – Moontower Attack – The Robots attack the Justice Moontower, and the Brother Satellite Grid. The heroes spring to action moving as far and fast as they could to intercept the incoming first wave.
In the middle of the attack, and the Moontower taking heavy damage, Hawkwoman (in charge of the Justice Moontower) sends the Infiltration Team to New Warworld.
Hawkwoman fire 4 ICBMs against warworld and sends 8 Blackhawks to escort them. The Blackhawks are able to bypass all of Warworld’s defenses and impact the surface but the Force Field takes the majority of the impact and the auto-repair robots of Warworld fix the rest. Warworld weapons respond by destroying the Blackhawks and firing against the Moontower doing heavy damage again.
Heroes keep the Moontower from been invaded fighting against the giantic robots using powers, magic and weapon defenses systems. Cyborg repairs some of the damage and keeps the Moontower in shape: “Is fully functional again. Structure integrity has been restored.”
A second wave of Brainaic Robot Giants appear of nowhere. “There are more of them, they have been moving cloaked all the time! And they are ready for US!”
3. (Long Shot) – Warworld cannons – Warworld fires their powerful laser cannons and missiles against the Watchtower crippling it. People are been evacuated to the Moontower. Cyborg steps in from the Moontower. “If we can repair the Watchtower enough we can launch the nukes!” Green Lantern and Superman stay with him with a team of engineers. The Watchtower is repaired enough to attack. “Launching the nuking arrows!” shouts Green Arrow as he pushes the button. The 10 nukes impact the surface of Warworld with more strength.
Booster Gold is not considered dangeous by Brainiac robots and he proves them wrong when he coordinates attacks with the help of the Brother Satellite Grid and Skeets.
4. (Long Shot) – Infiltration Team – Batman, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, and The Atom teleport using magic into New Warworld. They have a series of gadgets, magical artifacts and evidence to confront their enemies. They avoid Warworld security systems and find Cyborg Superman: “Please let me speak to you, father…” – Kara (Power Girl) is interrupted by Brainaic using the communication systems of the ship. “Don’t listen to them! They are intruders and want to kill us. If you kill Power Girl, Superman will come to us and you will have your revenge!” told the villain Coluan to the cyborg. The Atom uses one of the gadgets and disconnected Cyborg Superman power to control the machines around him. Batman scrambles Brainiac’s communications. Zatanna uses a spell of Mystic Freeze and Martian Manhunter communicates Cyborg Superman with Power Girl: “You will hear us, father, we are not the enemy.”
Brainiac’s robots arrive to the room but are easily destroyed by the team using their abilities and magic artifacts. The lights inside the station change to red sun radiation diminishing all kryptonian’s powers and abilities each second they are exposed.
The tide have turned. Cyborg Superman leads the Infiltration team against Brainiac. They find that a part of Warworld is a bigger version of Brainiacs Spacecraft and that Brainiac is trying to escape the battle betraying his ally Mongul. The whole team uses their gadgets and powers against Brainiac’s robots and gigantic robot tentacles. Martian Manhunter transform into a giant alien squid and holds tight to the ship to avoid it escaping.
5. (Long Shot) – Power Team – Brainiac’s army have modified their weapons to do more damage to the superheroes and it works, but the superheroes switch enemies and attack with more strength. Some defense satellites are destroyed. Superboy falls and is capture by Warworld. The robots are pull back and almost all are destroyed. Warworld attack’s the heroes directly with more power than the robots. Superman, enters the battle, and the most powerful heroes march with him against Warworld. Warworld is badly wounded by the combined attack. Superman calls Green Arrow: “ Sent Mongul the evidence of Amazing Grace’s plan to fool him. ” This provokes Mongul a moment of doubt, and that give the team another chance to attack Warworld with more strength than ever. Warworld’s structure doesn’t survive another attack, with only Mongul keeping it working the power team are able to break it in two. Brainiac’s Spacecraft is separated into a third piece.
Mongul, mad with anger, exits Warworld with a battle suit and cyborg legs to confront Superman but this time Superman is not falling for anything: “Your time is over, your chances are over, your game is over, Mongul.” Big Barda opens a Boom Tube to the center of the Sun and the Power Team heroes push Mongul and all the pieces of Warworld in.
Cyborg-Superman pushes Brainiac and Brainiac’s Spacecraft into the Boom Tube making sure that Brainiac’s essence is already capture inside the trap. He throws Power Girl and The Atom outside of the tube: “I’m proud of you, my daughter.”
Team of Heroes:
(Heroes who gained additional HP are marked here)
Batman * (Anibal R.)
Big Barda * (Felix B.)
Captain Marvel * (Jeremy R.)
Cyborg * (Hector C.)
Martian Manhunter * (Eric D.)
Superman * (Benjamin G.)
The Atom * (Roberto C.)
NOTE: Fell free to add comments to this Adventure Log Entry with information
about the adventure from the point of view of your character.
Each log that helps document the adventure receives a 10hp award.